Syrcas Byd Bychan
Public Liability Waiver
In consideration of the services of Syrcas Byd Bychan of Small World Theatre Ltd, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Small World Theatre Ltd’), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Small World Theatre Ltd, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that my/ my child’s participation in circus arts, aerial arts, aerial silks, flexibility, strengthening, fortitude training, aerial yoga, yoga, pilates, floor based or airborne acrobatic training, jumping, trampoline activities, handstands, hand balance, contortion and all prop-based/flow art skill manipulations (ie. staff/poi/diablo/hula hoop and similar) instruction activities and aerial disciplines (including but not limited to; Trapeze, Lyra/Aerial Hoop, Corde Lisse/Aerial Rope, Cloud Swing, Straps, Aerial Hammock, Silks), entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardising the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other people; the user’s own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity.
In any event, if you or your child is injured, any medical assistance will be at your own expense. Furthermore, Small World Theatre Ltd employees have difficult jobs to perform.
They seek safety, but they are not infallible.
They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities.
They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions.
They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
By purchasing any of our Small World Theatre’s classes, courses or workshops, you immediately agree to the following terms:
1. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
2. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Small World Theatre Ltd from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Small World Theatre Ltd’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Small World Theatre Ltd.
3. Should Small World Theatre Ltd or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I certify that I have adequate personal liability insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in this activity (please see www.equity.co.uk if you would like to take out individual insurance).
Otherwise, I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have. Meanwhile, all teachers are insured for Public Liability. However, this does not hold the school accountable or liable for any acts of negligence, indecent behaviour or non compliance from clients in association with the teachers and against compliance of the school rules and waiver.
5. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
6. By accepting the terms of this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Small World Theatre Ltd on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
By purchasing any of our courses, you confirm that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions and agree to our policies on Cancellations & Refunds.